If there’s one thing I won’t run short on for this blog, it’s most likely to be confessions! Especially mom confessions. (Anyone else with me on that one??) 😉
So let’s get down to brass tacks, as they say. Well, not that anyone still says it anymore, but I do, so here go…
- At the start of almost any book I read, I’m always fairly skeptical if I’ll even like it. The more popular the book is, the more skeptical I am. Of course, I’m rarely right, as I almost always enjoy the books I read. You’d think I’d learn!
- Instead of packing or preparing for our family vacation that we leave for on Saturday (!!!), I’m sitting here, blogging, and watching the Olympics.
- Watching the Olympics makes me feel fairly unaccomplished in my life. And like 1000% lazy. If they had an Olympic event for watching TV while also playing on my iPad, I’m pretty sure I still wouldn’t even medal, because I get too distracted to do both at the same time!
- I really need to get back to eating healthy. I was doing so well at the start of the summer following my Arbonne 30 Day Challenge (post to follow on this). Now…not so much. I had a call with my Health Coach tomorrow (through my work wellness program) and she is not going to be happy with the current state of my diet.
- Every morning lately I pray that it’s Saturday so I can just throw my alarm clock against a wall. 5:30 is too damn early to get up.
- John and Sherry of Young House Love totally retweeted one of my tweets recently and it pretty much made my
- Vacation is imminent and while I’m excited, I’m also super nervous about how the kids (meaning: Asher) are going to do with it. Mainly the sleeping situation. :-/
- Starting a blog (finally! after years of thinking about it!) has really given me the itch to write creatively again. Like a novel. I’m kicking around a few ideas in my head, but the idea of writing an entire novel sort of terrifies me. I get easily overwhelmed before any big task. I need to get to a point where I freak out about it, then my brain shifts into gear to get sh*t done. That usually pertains to work (or, in the past, school), though, so not sure if it would work in this case.
- Before kids I used to (half) joke that I was too selfish to have children. Sometimes, at the most difficult moments of motherhood, I wonder if I was right. I also have arguments in my head about wishing I could be a better “Pinterest” type mom, while simultaneously wishing we could go back to the mom mentality of the 70s and 80s (and earlier!) where kids were left to amuse themselves. *sigh* They aren’t kidding when they say the struggle is real.
- And, to end on a happier note, I tried to be good and resist buying the cutest mixing bowls from Home Goods yesterday. I failed. I went back today and totally bought them. 🙂
Side note: I had gone to Home Goods in the hopes of scoring some Rae Dunn stuff like a mug or tray or spoon rest! (It’s the little things, right?) Unfortunately I came up empty handed. 🙁 What about all of you? Have you been able find Rae Dunn things at your local Home Goods? I’ve seen them on Amazon but I’m curious where else people have found them!
Happy Hump Day Eve…one day closer to the weekend! 🙂