Today is Asher’s 2nd birthday! When did my baby get to be two??
So I thought it would be a perfect day to recap his birthday party from this past week. This was such a fun party to plan and I was able to do it for only $70 (not including food)!
I’ll share the cost breakdown at the end, but first, some pictures of Asher’s day!
And now for the cost breakdown! **this post contains affiliate links**
I had wanted to do the party for around $50 and I realized I totally could, but I decided to splurge on a couple items that I thought were cute (and because I had gotten a check from Ebates that more than covered the cost of the “extras” like the straw cups and bouncy balls – these were both favor items for the kiddos).
- Birthday boy shirt (Amazon) – $11
- Black plastic table covers (Dollar Tree) – $2
- Small plastic safety cones (Dollar Tree) – $6
- Safety cone straw cups (Amazon, pack of 8) – $14
- Caution tape (Amazon) – $0 (already hand on hand)
- Construction signs (download from Etsy) – $5
- Chalkboard ‘Happy Birthday’ banner (Target Dollar Spot) – $0 (already hand on hand)
- Festooning (Amazon) – $0 (already hand on hand from Brynn’s My Little Pony 4th Birthday Party)
- Plastic hardhats (Amazon, set of 12) – $5
- Bouncy ball “rocks” for favors [Not pictured] (Amazon, set of $12) – $7
- Candy rocks for cupcakes, cake, and for favor bags (Amazon) – $11
- Construction vehicles for cake decoration (Dollar Tree) – $3
- Safety cone candles for cake (Amazon, pack of 6) – $6
- Paper plates, napkins, paper straws, plastic cups – $0 (already hand on hand from other parties)
TOTAL = $70, not including food. I did make all the desserts and Jeff made a dinner of roast beef sandwiches with homemade mac n cheese, which definitely helped our total overall budget come in at just over $100.
Side note: I just had to share that I’ve now received $500 in cash back from Ebates! If you click my referral link here, you can receive $10 for yourself! OK, shameless plug over (not sponsored – I just have a mild obsession with using and talking about Ebates!) 😉
So that was Asher’s 2nd birthday party! He had an amazing time and it was just such a great day! I have so many great pictures from the day too, which is not common for us to take pictures, so I’m thankful we’re finally using our camera more!
Happy Friday Eve everyone!